Monday, October 17, 2011

Dancing Through Life

::deep breathing:: So sorry guys. I know its been a while since I have graced your Internet but I have been extremely busy with a new job (WAHOO!) and enjoying my new found freedom of evenings and weekends. But have no fear, Kate is here! Well, back. And for good this time!

::still catching my breath:: You'll have to excuse me, I'm just catching my breath. From what you ask? Well, I didn't want to spoil anything for you, but I think I found the cure to... basically everything. Mildly intrigued? Come on, you're dying to hear what the cure to everything is, I just know it. Well, here it is...

DANCING!!!

::chirp, chirp:: Um. Let me try this again. Drum roll please! ::badabadabada:: DANCING!!

Still nothing? Wow, you are a hard crowd to please. Do you need some hard evidence to believe me? Ok. I got your evidence right here.

Dancing is a great way to exercise. Exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy. Happy people just don't shoot their husbands, they just don't. Um... off track.

At my old job, I used to a wake up/get pumped for the day dance. I would put some hip-swinging, toe-tapping song on and just let go. Yes there were windows all around me and in a heavily trafficked area. So? I didn't care who saw me. If they did see me, I can guarantee that my dancing at the very least put a smile on their face. I would also dance down the aisle around lunchtime and definitely late at night. (There are two videos for proof.) I miss being able to just let go and de-stress by dancing. I do my best by dancing in my swivelly chair now. I'm a grown up. I have to act like one. Psych! ( I do act like an adult Mom and Dad! Just have to maintain my persona on here!)

Did you know that you can dance in your car. It's true! There are a couple of techniques I would like to share with you. The first one is the torso swivel. You just wriggle like a snake. Simple, no? The shoulder shimmy is another personal favorite. I am a big fan of the head bang but it does not help with headaches. I have a specific play list that I put on whenever I'm in the mood to do some hardcore rocking out in my car. Windows down, back seat... whoops! Just kidding. In all seriousness, nothing makes my day better than a good car jamming session where I amaze fellow drivers with my dancing and singing skills in my car.

If my personal testimonials aren't enough to convince you, just look at pop culture. All of the dance shows (Dancing with the Stars, So You Think You Can Dance...) and the current release of Footloose. My rating: B+. Good acting, so-so music (Long live the original soundtrack, which coincidentally is one of the best car soundtracks EVER.), and the BEST dancing I have seen in a really long time.

Well, I think I have the best case I can make for dancing as the cure for everything. Try it. Can't hurt anything. (Unless you pull a muscle. That hurts.)

"Dancing through life/Mindless and careless/Make sure you wear less/Troubles and strife/Woes are fleeting/Blows are glancing/When you're dancing/Through life!"

No comments:

Post a Comment