Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Penny (Can) For My Thoughts?

I can't really focus on one subject today. I have many thoughts about television and movies just circling around in my head! I'm just gonna go with the flow and see if you can keep up. Ready? Set? Go?


I really miss theme songs. Don't you? I have specific memories of TV that revolve around theme songs. I can remember thinking at the series finale of both "The O. C." and "Veronica Mars" and "Friends" that this will be the last time I hear these live. It was a sad reality. I think that the age of theme songs needs to have a comeback. I know why networks do this. By cutting out the 45 seconds of theme song time, they can add either more showtime (not likely) or more commercials (ding ding ding). While I truly appreciated the opening of "Lost" (it set the mood for the hour for sure), I really and truly miss having a theme song. Do you have a favorite theme song? I particularly love "Baywatch" and "One Tree Hill".

I feel very accomplished in my movie watching career. I completed fully marathon of a movie series in one sitting. To support Michigan and because I love scary movies, I had a 'Screamathon'. And it was AMAZING. Ok, the first and fourth movies were amazing but that's beside the point. The feeling of completing an entire series in one day is just fantastic! Scream 4 exceeded expectations. The casting was very good (on the new addition side of things), the storyline was fresh and full of twists at the end, and the acting (especially one Emma Roberts) was top notch. I highly recommend it.

Many of you know that I am a very big fan of Glee. I have not used this blog to gush about the show (yet). I just would like to defend this past week's episode. Many critics have said it was awful and I firmly disagree. While it was certainly not the best episode (The Power of Madonna, Dream On, The Substitute) it was not the worst (I can't really come up with a worst, they all have something that I find redeeming.). I agree that has been a bit preachy lately and that most people watch for entertainment and not to be given a PSA about bullying. But I'm gonna ask that you just wait on your negative thoughts for a little while longer. I have a feeling that something is going to be happening that will make the bullying storyline front and center. I won't say what I believe the writers are leading up to but if I were to write the storyline, my thought is where I would go with it.

That's all I have for today. I am sorry about the randomness that was the blog! PS Did anyone watch any of the shows?! Today's title reflects "Cougar Town" being back and making my life so much better! You wanna know what it is and how to play? Just let me know!

2 comments:

  1. Ahhhhhhhhh I meant to tell you something Dianna Agron posted on twitter so I will tell you in a minute. But it goes along quite well with your theory for Glee's storyline.

    As far as theme songs I enjoy them but I also appreciate the ability to fast-forward through a majority. Friends,Psych, Big Bang, V.Mars, (original) OTH, and Charmed would have to be some of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I once had a Harry Potter movie marathon, where we watched movies 1-6 in one day. It was a very long day, but so much fun!

    ReplyDelete